Vaginal infection Self-test
Exacto Vaginal infection Test
The EXACTO® Vaginal Infections test is a reliable, painless method to determine vaginal pH. As soon as the pH measurement area of the applicator comes into contact with
vaginal secretions, its colour changes. The colour obtained corresponds to a pH value on the measuring scale and gives the test result. Regular use of the EXACTO® Vaginal
Infections test is a reliable way to detect vaginal flora disorders.
An acid vaginal pH (between 3.8 and 4.4) is essential for the proper functioning of the vaginal protection system. Contamination by pathogenic germs and the occurrence of vaginal infections can therefore be effectively prevented. Many factors regulate the
composition and functioning of the vaginal microbial ecosystem and preserve its natural protection function. Lactobacilli are one of the main factors. The most important and most natural protection against vaginal disorders is therefore a healthy vaginal flora.
We recommend that you perform the test twice a week.
By doing so, you can ensure that your vaginal pH is correct between two visits to your gynaecologist.
Bacterial vaginosis is diagnosed in around 15 to 20% of pregnant women. By measuring their vaginal pH regularly, pregnant women can reduce the risk of infection.
Vaginal pH can increase in the event of:
• Bacterial vaginosis
• Sexually transmitted diseases
• Premature rupture of the amniotic sac (waters breaking)
Keep the test at room temperature in the closed cardboard box, in a place out of reach
of children. If you have any questions about this product, please call Customer Service in
• 3 test applicators packed in aluminum pouches
• 1 instruction leaflet
• 1 colour scale printed on each aluminum pouch
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE
• Use each applicator only once.
• Use this product only for its intended purpose. Do not swallow.
• The applicator only measures vaginal pH and does not detect infections.
• An acid pH is not always enough to prevent infections. If you notice any disorders
despite a normal pH value, consult your doctor.
• Use the test before the expiry date (see date on the box).
• Certain circumstances may temporarily change vaginal pH and thereby falsify the results
of this measurement. Take the following limitations into account when measuring your
pH and interpreting the test.
• Perform the measurement:
- at least 12 hours after sexual intercourse.
- at least 12 hours after vaginal administration of medicinal products (pessaries, cream,
- 3 to 4 days after your period ends.
- at least 15 minutes after urinating: traces of urine may lead to a false result.
• Do not use after washing or showering external genital areas.
• Never start a treatment without discussing the test result with your doctor.
• Incorrect use of the applicator may cause deflowering in virgin women.
WHEN TO PERFORM THE TEST?
• In the event of bacterial vaginosis
• After anti-infective treatment (e.g. antibiotics)
• As part of preventive examinations
• During pregnancy
• In case of a history of premature births
• After sexual intercourse with a new partner
• In the event of discomfort in the genital organs (burning, itching, unpleasant smell,
• Before and after surgery in the vagina
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Measuring vaginal pH is easy and completely painless.
Relax and follow the instructions below very precisely.
1. Wash your hands before starting the test.
2. Open the box, take out a test and open the plastic pouch.
3. Hold the applicator by the grip ring between the thumb and index finger, as
shown in the illustration below (Figure 1). The thumb must always be on the side of the vaginal applicator, as shown.
4. Avoid the pH measuring area coming into contact with other liquids.
5. Sit down with the knees apart or stand with one foot on the toilet seat or
another stable surface.
6. With your free hand, gently free the opening of the vagina by spreading the
7. Gently introduce the applicator into the vagina as if you were using a tampon
(Figure 2) up to about 1 to 3 cm deep (no further than the grip ring allows). Inserting the vaginal applicator is completely painless.
8. Press the tube gently against the posterior wall of the vagina (on the side of
the rectum) for about 10 seconds to ensure that the pH measuring area is well
moistened. Sufficient moistening is very important for the test’s interpretation.
9. Finally, carefully remove the applicator from the vagina.
READING THE TEST RESULT
Read the result as soon as you have removed the applicator from the vagina, whilst the measuring area is still damp. Compare the colour of the pH measuring area with the colour scale and pinpoint the colour closest to your measurement (Figure 3). After use, discard the applicator with household waste.
For the interpretation of the
test, always use the color scale
printed on the packaging.
PLEASE, REFER TO THE
“INTERPRERATION OF THE TEST RESULT“ SECTION.